- RSS Channel Showcase 7109379
- RSS Channel Showcase 3918731
- RSS Channel Showcase 7844836
- RSS Channel Showcase 7791507
Articles on this Page
- 11/16/12--19:12: _barnsterk replied t...
- 11/16/12--20:29: _crewnex: Is this t...
- 11/16/12--20:33: _#NO
- 11/16/12--22:42: _Dear disgruntled Re...
- 11/16/12--22:53: _"i just love him an...
- 11/16/12--23:53: _ we brought this on...
- 11/17/12--01:16: _Photo
- 11/17/12--01:27: _Photo
- 11/17/12--01:49: _evenwicht: rampaig...
- 11/17/12--02:31: _allthingseurope: W...
- 11/17/12--02:58: _American Horror Sto...
- 11/17/12--02:59: _Photo
- 11/17/12--17:37: _faeriequeen: #god ...
- 11/17/12--17:50: _Photo
- 11/17/12--17:53: _elenitahb: I am go...
- 11/17/12--17:58: _ourlivesareweird: ...
- 11/17/12--17:59: _39 days until the f...
- 11/17/12--19:18: _Photo
- 11/17/12--19:19: _Photo
- 11/17/12--20:13: _coffee-tea-and-symp...
- 11/16/12--20:29: crewnex: Is this the bathroom from Everyday French with Pierre...
- 11/16/12--20:33: #NO
- We have same-sex marriage. It was legalized nation-wide in 2005, after 8/10 provinces and 1/3 territories (comprising 90% of the population) had legalized it starting in 2003. And before that, almost all marriage rights were already in effect for any co-habitating couple (this is due to the high number of common-law marriages, especially in Quebec).
- We have publicly funded healthcare system. The costs are paid through income tax and then governed by the provinces according to standards set by the federal government. A health card is issued by the Provincial Ministry of Health to each individual who enrolls for the program and everyone receives the same level of care.
- One third of our government is made up of a party whose official ideology is democratic socialism.
- Church and State are so separate that I cannot for the life of me tell you anything about the religious leanings of any of our political leaders. (I’m sure some people can, but religion is rarely, if ever, discussed during elections here.)
- We spend very little (in comparison) on national defense. Last year, Canada spent 1.5% of its GDP (or $25 billion) on defense, which is 1.4% of what the US spent in the same time frame.
- We have a higher percentage of immigrants in our population, as Canada is one of the easiest countries to emigrate to. And in general, people are super okay with this.
- We spend twice the amount of our GDP on unemployment benefits.
- Also, we’re a constitutional monarchy (the Queen of England is our Head of State), which might rankle some of you.
- 11/16/12--23:53: we brought this on ourselves ofgm
- 11/17/12--01:16: Photo
- 11/17/12--01:27: Photo
- 11/17/12--01:49: evenwicht: rampaigehalseyface: itsamultifandomthing: barackfuc...
- 11/17/12--02:31: allthingseurope: West Sussex, England (by FinnHopson)
- 11/17/12--02:58: American Horror Story - 2x05 - I am Anne Frank pt. 2
- 11/17/12--02:59: Photo
- 11/17/12--17:37: faeriequeen: #god your face is just the best
- 11/17/12--17:50: Photo
- 11/17/12--17:53: elenitahb: I am going to do exactly what I like, and to hell...
- 11/17/12--17:58: ourlivesareweird: A 72-year-old grandfather, Liu Xianping, has...
- 11/17/12--19:18: Photo
- 11/17/12--19:19: Photo
- 11/17/12--20:13: coffee-tea-and-sympathy: Christmas in Europe: London &...
yes yes, this is a good fear to have. frightens all
i just cry whenever he’s on my screen
and have nightmares adn stuff you know
Is this the bathroom from Everyday French with Pierre Escargot
Here are some things you should know about Canada:
So, in fact, I think Canada is possibly one of the worst places for you to move to.
And we don’t really want you here anyways.
“i just love him and i’m sorry i’m yelling at you about his perfection”
- chynna after yelling at me over im about ben whishaw being a cat (via perfumeandpancakes)
we brought this on ourselves
#steve is like what#someone’s playing galaga#wait i don’t know what galaga is#shit what if it’s important #is it a sport#is it a band#is it a board game #like monopoly#(thank god they still have monopoly)#god i’d better just look#it’s behind me isn’t it #there is nothing behind me #GOSH DARN IT 21ST CENTURY
I like how many parts of the movie you realize Thor, Steve, and Loki really do not know what the fuck is going on.
I just want a movie with Thor, Steve and Loki attempting to figure out this century. LIke, no action, no adventure, no explosions. Just wifi.
And then every so often Tony shows up and just rolls his eyes as Loki screams at the toaster, demanding for it to surrender his breakfast.
You guys really just want an Avengers sitcom, don’t you
American Horror Story - 2x05 - I am Anne Frank pt. 2
I am going to do exactly what I like, and to hell with the rest of them.
A 72-year-old grandfather, Liu Xianping, has become something of an internet sensation after he began modelling for his granddaughter’s online clothing store.
Liu’s granddaughter runs Yuekou, a partnership between herself and four other recent college graduates. While Liu was helping the girls unpack, “he picked up one piece and tried to give some advice on how to mix and match. We thought it was fun so we started shooting.”“Why unacceptable (for someone like me) to wear women’s clothes? Modelling for the store is helping my granddaughter and I have nothing to lose. We were very happy on the day of the shooting. I’m very old and all that I care about is to be happy.” — Liu Xianping
Source: Quoted directly from this article at Shanghaiist.
Which will be on Boxing day, (26th Dec) BBC1, 9pm!